Sunday, July 18, 2010

Baby Henry!




Well, I'm a little behind the times, (my hands have been full- imagine that!),  but the picture slideshow says it all! Henry William Courtney was born May 15th, 2010 at 10:15 am! (5 days before his due date- I was SO ready!) After months of the doctors saying he would be a giant, he was born a nice average size of 7 lbs, 13 oz; 19.5 inches long. Fast forward 2 months- he just had his appointment two days ago and  weighed in at 15 lbs., 3 oz - in the 97th percentile for weight! He definitely LOVES to nurse- ALL the time- and is a happy, healthy boy!

It's definitely crazy at the beginning, but we've settled into a nice routine now, which includes better sleep (at least for the next month, until I go back to school & Brian becomes "Mr. Mom"). Going back to work will be difficult, but I'm grateful for all the time I've had, and thankful for a job with decent hours so I can still spend lots of time each day with my little man!

Henry is just wonderful! He definitely wants to be held a lot, but we're enjoying snuggling cause I know he'll grow so fast! He's starting to really enjoy looking at the toys hanging on his playgym, hanging out in his bouncy seat, and his very favorite place is the changing table! That's where he talks (imitating the whale sound on his sleep sheep is his best trick!), looks at books, gives us giant smiles, and is generally very happy!

He's also starting to give big smiles to family and friends. He's so lucky to have both sets of grandparents here to know him & love him, as well as his Aunts and Uncles and 5 cousins. He's had a chance to visit with all of them, as well as with friends and neighbors. He is loved by so many, and we're grateful to everyone who has helped out or stopped by to visit! We look forward to sharing more of the joys of his growth with you as time goes on!

In other endeavors, my garden is growing, almost as well as ever, but with quite a few more weeds!  I haven't been able to maintain everything as well as in the past (I didn't expect that I would), but we have had some good harvests of: spinach, lettuce, mixed salad greens, radishes, chard beets, carrots, snow peas, snap peas, and shell peas. Now we have green beans like mad, basil & other herbs, tomatoes & peppers, cucumber & zucchini, and garlic that's curing. Growing for later harvest are potatoes, onions, corn, winter squash, and shell beans. Soon I plan to clean out a bit & do a second planting of greens & carrots & peas for the fall garden! Pictures to come at a later date!

Will try to post more often as Henry grows & changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment